Designated Safeguarding Lead Half Day Refresher Training
This is a course for those already in the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead or those who form part of the safeguarding team, who have been previously trained and require the refresher.
Early Years - Fun with Phonics (Phases 1 & 2)
This practical session will give practitioners opportunity to:
• Familiarise themselves with the Letters and Sounds Programme and the learning and development requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for Communication and Language and Literacy
• Share information regarding Early Phonic s practice, provision, principles and pedagogy
• Engage in practical activities to support Letters and Sounds Phase 1 and Phase 2
• Consider how to effectively plan for, teach and differentiate Phase 1 Phonics
• Participate in discussions with colleagues
NQT Induction Tutor Briefing - New Starters
This briefing is for all new NQT induction tutors/mentors and leaders, or induction tutors/mentors and leaders who have not attended a briefing session within the last 18 months and have NQTs that have started in January 2019
The SEN Code of Practice
This is an opportunity for Governors to develop their own knowledge of the Code of Practice by answering key questions such as "what legislation introduced the reforms?" "Do schools have a duty to admit a child with SEN?" Who is legally responsible for schools' duties within the legislation? Do schools have to include their information in the Local Offer? What part of the school's allocated budget is for supporting SEN?
School Finance - Part 1: Setting and Monitoring the School's Budget
The sessions will be of particular relevance to Resource/Finance Committee members, new Governors and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Part 1: Setting and Monitoring the School's Budget.
- Part 2: How Schools are funded.
- Part 3: SFVS, Benchmarking & Financial Controls (maintained schools).