Providing training, support and advice for EAL children to boost your pupils' achievement
Our experienced and dedicated team of early years/primary and secondary staff offer a carefully planned service to meet the specific needs of the EAL pupils in your school and help raise achievement for those groups of learners. We will meet with you to discuss a personalised package to suit your schools and your pupils’ needs. This may include:
• Supporting the progress and outcomes for EAL and bilingual pupils as part of OFSTED's inspection framework
• Developing the role of EAL coordinators, and specialist teaching assistants/learning mentors
• Assessment of EAL pupils using both NASSEA steps and DofE census codes.
• Targeted support to promote EAL across the curriculum.
• Sharing good practice and expertise in working with new arrivals and advanced bilinguals.
• Offering guidance and support for schools with Gypsy, Roma Traveller families.
• Promoting ways to strengthen home/school links for Ethnic minority families and vulnerable children.
• Advising and supporting for planning, teaching and assessment opportunities.
• In class coaching to develop the skills and knowledge teachers need to unlock the potential of EAL and GRT pupils in their class.
• Advice and support for schools with census Proficiency codes.
• Assessing the needs of EAL pupils who may also have SEN