This is a course for those already in the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead or those who form part of the safeguarding team, who have been previously DSL trained and require the refresher.
For the DSL refresher day:
The course will also offer opportunities for reflection and practice of key skills.
- Clarify the updated role of the DSL
- Recognise and know how to respond to current issues in Safeguarding
- Identify lessons learnt for schools in serious cases
- Explain updated legislation, guidance and inspection criteria relating to education and safeguarding
- Recognise the current Wakefield referral pathway
- Revise best practice in recording and information sharing
THIS TRAINING NEEDS TO BE UPDATED EVERY 2 YEARS. If it is significantly over 2 years since your last DSL training, and you have not kept up to date via other means, please re do the initial course. As this course is in very high demand please do NOT book every year. Consider Working Together a shared responsibility course in the year in between. To book please see https://www.wakefieldlscb.org.uk/training-courses/
There is an assumption that delegates have kept up to date, with forums, other training events etc. between the official 2 year DSL refresher courses Delegates should already be familiar with the safeguarding for education webpage on the WDSCB website https://www.wakefieldlscb.org.uk/education and have completed Prevent and Signs of Safety Training. https://www.wakefieldlscb.org.uk/training-courses/ PLEASE PLAN SO THAT ALL DSL'S ARE NOT ON THE SAME COURSE i.e. no DSL availability in school that day.
DSL’s or other members of the safeguarding team from education who are due their DSL refresher