The sessions will be of particular relevance to Resource/Finance Committee members, new Governors and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Part 1: Setting and Monitoring the School's Budget.
- Part 2: How Schools are funded.
- Part 3: SFVS, Benchmarking & Financial Controls (maintained schools).
The session(s) will provide:
- An introduction to the financial issues that Governors need to consider when setting and monitoring school budgets.
- An overview of how schools are funded.
- Information on how school's financial planning supports the educational outcomes of the school.
- An overview of the key documents that require completing such as the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS) & Financial Management Policy (FMP) as well as a look at what internal control systems should be in place.
Maintained school governing body members: academy governors are welcome to attend but not all aspects of the programme will be relevant.